Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ash Wednesday 2008

Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent and occurs forty days before Easter. The day gets its name from the practice of placing ashes on the foreheads of the faithful as a sign of repentance. The ashes used are gathered after the Palm Crosses from the previous year's Palm Sunday are burned. The ashes are mixed with the oil and used by the clergyman who presides at the service to make the sign of the cross, first upon his own forehead and then on each of those present who kneel before him at the altar rail. As he does so, he recites the words: "Remember (O man) that you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

This is the first time I attend this mass and it is very special.
Can you see the ash cross on my forehead? and Avner forehead too.....



This morning I woke up at about 5:30am. So, I start to feel a bit drowsy now...... think of getting some sleep now.


Today is Chinese New Year Eve...... So, all of us need to stay at home to do the house decoration. Grandma is getting ready all the foods which need to cook for dinner tonight at the kitchen.


It's really boring to stay at home. The dog and I is looking at each other. Haha.....


There's a fly on the sliding door. Mommy try to show it to me so that I can have something to play with. Hehe.....so cute!!!



This is the gift from Uncle Jesse and Aunty Leh Liong when I was born. It's too furry for me at that time. Now is time to give it back to me.



Chinese New Year Clothes Preview

All this clothes are gift from grandma, Grand Aunty, Aunty and Daddy's friend. Mommy and daddy don't need to buy anymore new clothes for me. Hehe..... daddy and mommy save a lot, isn't it?



This Nike Shoe was also the birthday gift from Uncle Jesse. My foot is just big enough to fix into it. Haha..... so nice!!

Mommy is busy organising all the clothes for Chinese New Year. While I'm busy playing with phone chat using the calculator.

It's dinner time. Everyone is gather together to have the dinner one the Chinese New Year Eve. Too bad daddy is not coming back this year.


After the dinner, I going outside with Great Grandpa to watch TV show.

It's almost time to go over to grandma's house. Tonight we are going to play with firecrackers there. Grandma's house is surrounded with the rich peoples' house so there will be a lot of firecrackers on the sky at 12am.
Grandma is the first one who give me Big Ang Pow this year. Thank you so much, Grandma!!

Mommy, please help me to keep it first. I'm going outside to play with the firecrackers.


Uncle Quen is playing the firecrackers with me. Then, Aunty Ah Ting coming to join us.

Eugene Koko is testing the firecrackers. He really likes the firecrackers a lot. I can see he is having fun playing with all types of firecrackers.




Happy Chinese New Year 2008
There's another few minutes to 12am, but everyone is already start with their own firecrackers.
Haha..... everyone is waiting for this very moment to celebrate their once a year Chinese New Year. Wow..... that's really amazing. The sound from the firecrackers are very very loud until I can't hear what my aunty tell me. Hehe.... the smoke is a lot as well. Everyone is having fun with the firecrackers.





The firecrackers time is over now. It last about 30 minutes.... The whole house is become smoky now. So tiring..... but it's really fun to play with the firecrackers.

Hey..... grandpa is coming downstair to give me the second Ang Pow of the year. Thank you so much, Grandpa!!

Can I have a peek inside the Ang Pow??? Hehe......

Now is Family Celebration Time!!!
Ready for the champagne time........

Ready.......CHEERS!!! to everyone and Happy Chinese New Year!!!


Grandpa and grandma are cheering among themselves. Hehe.... they look so happy.
I have my own champagne too.

No comments: